Steven Seagal Walks Out of Interview After Being Asked About Sexual Assault Claim

Steven Seagal walked out of a BBC Newsnight interview on Thursday when he was asked about being accused of sexual misconduct in the U.S. amid the #MeToo movement.

The moment happened when host Kirsty Wark told Seagal, “In terms of your life in America, you’ve been very much caught up in allegations of sexual harassment. You had a rape allegation against you and I wonder how you deal with all that.” Seagal then pulled his earpiece off and wordlessly left the chair where he was conducting the interview; he forgot to take the microphone off, and offscreen someone can be heard helping him remove it.

“Hello Steven Seagal?” Wark responded, before pivoting immediately into a report: “Seagal there, and of course though he didn’t respond there, he has said previously that he denies any allegation made against him.”

Seagal has been accused of misconduct or strange solo encounters by several major Hollywood figures, including Julianna Margulies and Portia de Rossi.

In September, the L.A. County District Attorney’s office declined to prosecute a sex crimes case involving Seagal, an alleged sexual assault that took place in 1993, because the statute of limitations had passed. Inside Edition correspondent Lisa Guerrero recalled an audition where Seagal was wearing only a silk kimono, and being asked to attend a “private rehearsal” with him. Regina Simons says the actor sexually assaulted her at a wrap party for one of his films, in which she was an extra.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.