Morning Show slide

whatsup slide

Who You Hear..... When You Listen

  • WhitneyHouston.jpg
  • madonna.jpg
  • l.l.coolj-ineedlove.jpg
  • toni.jpg
  • buju.jpg
  • prince.jpg
  • gabby.jpg
  • stevie.jpg
  • mariah.jpg
  • mb.jpg
  • ws.jpg
  • steel.jpg
  • Edwin-Yearwood.jpeg
  • celine.jpg
  • Anita+Baker.jpg
  • 120349_1_f.jpg
  • 513H5ljrLXL.jpg
  • 61xOulS2ejL.jpg
  • rihanna.jpg
  • 51PJ3+dWq6L.jpg
  • VanessaWilliams.jpg
  • shaggy.jpg
  • bob.jpg
  • lionel.jpg
  • mj.jpg
  • biim.jpg
  • Richard_Stoute.jpg
  • dance classics2.jpg

THE Seismic Research Unit (SRC) has recorded five earthquakes off the North East coast of Barbados in a five hour period on Thursday, the latest happening at 12.23p.m.

University of the West Indies (UWI) seismologist, Dr. Joan Latchman said the SRC recorded a quake at 11:36 a.m. Thursday with a 5.3 magnitude and location of latitude 13.90 North, longitude of 58.63 West and a depth ten kilometres.

At 11:29 a.m. a magnitude of 4.1 with location of latitude 13.86 North, longitude of 58.99 West and a depth ten kilometres.

A 6.4 magnitude earthquake at 11:16 a.m. with its location of latitude 13.96 North, longitude 58.87 West and depth of ten kilometres.

The earliest reported earthquake was at 7:01 a.m. this morning of a 5.7 magnitude. Its recorded location was latitude 13.92 North, longitude 58.82 West with a depth of ten kilometres.

These tremors were felt in Barbados, St. Lucia and Martinique. However, Latchman said reports from citizens across Trinidad and Tobago feeling the earthquake have been confirmed.

UWI Seismic Research Centre in St. Augustine is the facility responsible for monitoring seismic activity in the Eastern Caribbean. According to Latchman the SRC has located about 130 events within the area 9.5N-11.5N and 58W-63W since the start of 2015 off the Trinidad area. This information was dated April 29.

As of May SRC has recorded in the Barbados zone 11 earthquakes, which Latchman said has to update.


Bobbi Kristina Brown's boyfriend Nick Gordon has been served with a $10 million lawsuit filed by her conservators, PEOPLE confirms.

The civil lawsuit, filed last month, accuses Gordon of physically assaulting the ailing 22-year-old daughter of Bobby Brown and the late Whitney Houston, as well as robbing her of thousands of dollars.

The papers, which PEOPLE previously obtained a copy of, allege that Gordon misrepresented himself as Bobbi Kristina's husband to control her and limit her interactions with others.

He "often answered Brown's personal cell phone, would not allow her to make appointments without his approval, and manipulated her bank relationship so that he could access her money," the papers state. He also allegedly transferred a "large portion" of Bobbi Kristina's funds into an account controlled solely by him.


Bobbi Kristina has been unconscious and unresponsive since being found in a bathtub on Jan. 31. She was moved to hospice care last month.

According to the lawsuit, she allegedly confided to an unnamed person that Gordon "was not the man she thought he was" and made plans to meet on Jan. 31 to discuss the situation further.

However, the papers claim she never made it to the meeting and instead "became embroiled in a loud argument" with Gordon at her town home, which ended with her "face down in a bathtub, with her mouth swollen and another tooth knocked out" and being diagnosed with "global and irreversible brain damage."

After the lawsuit was filed, Gordon assembled a high-profile legal team, including attorney Jose Baez, to advise him.

 No criminal charges have been filed against Gordon.

Rihanna has evolved into a fashion icon over the past few years — literally, as in she received the Council of Fashion Designers of America’s Fashion Icon award in 2014. She’s buddies with designers Karl Lagerfeld and Jeremy Scott, she’s a Fashion Week darling, and she’s currently a creative director for Puma Women. Today (July 15) RiRi announced a new bullet point on her fashion resume: The singer is now a contributing creative director of Stance, a trendy sock brand that also outfits the NBA.

Women’s Wear Daily reports that Rihanna’s role sounds pretty substantial: In addition to designing foot fashions and lending her face/legs to campaigns, she’ll be a brand ambassador as part of a three-year deal. With all of these extra-curricular fashion gigs, we’re picturing RiRi sitting amid piles of sketches, her hands stained with pencil, blowing her hair out of her face like some overloaded woman in the “before” section of an informercial.

Her debut collection debuts this fall, but you can purchase two Rihanna-designed pairs on Stance’s website today. One of the two is the over-the-knee pair the pop star models in the photo above. Judging from the red, black and white palette and the skeleton hands on them, her influences appear to include tabloid newspapers, visual artist Barbara Kruger and doodles from a 1980s metalhead’s notebook. The words “Bad Gal” and “Fenty” also appear, references to her Instagram handle and her real name, respectively (but if you’re Navy, you know that already).

“I’ve had a great relationship with Stance for a long time and ‎I am happy to be working with them on such a fun and creative project,” Rihanna told WWD.

The Original DeFosto Himself (Winston Scarborough) on Sunday checked himself into the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex suffering with severe chest pains.

After his vitals were taken it was realised that his blood pressure was exceedingly high and doctors began to take immediate action to bring it down.

“My pressure was over 245 and my foot swell up real big because of fluid in it. If you see meh foot, I can’t believe that is my foot because it never swell like that. I came in here yesterday afternoon about 1 o’clock and I am hoping that I will be warded just now (this was at 1 p.m. yesterday) because I am still in the emergency area,” DeFosto told the Express.

DeFosto said he had not been taking proper care of his health because he had been focussing on writing songs and composing, while trying to secure performing jobs, which he said are very hard to come by these days.

The calypsonian, known for his nation-building calypsoes and stinging political commentaries, also said he has been worrying himself over the state of the nation as far as crime, economics and political upheaval are concerned.

“I have been taking on everything else and not taking good care of myself. Work is real hard to get these days and when you just have one month during Carnival to make money to last you through most of the year, it is very frustrating. But my passion is music and also my country. I am a born patriot and it hurts deeply to see the state we are in. All that is what has caused me to end up in here. But, whenever things happen to me, songs come out of it,” DeFosto said.

 

50 Cent opened up about bankruptcy filing he made on Monday morning, July 13. In an interview with E! News at the "Southpaw" press junket later in the day, the 40-year-old rapper said that the filing was motivated by the fact that he had become a target because of his financial situation.

 "I'm taking the precautions that any other good businessperson would take in this situation," the rapper said. "You know when you're successful and stuff, you become a target. I don't wanna be a bullseye. I don't want anybody to pick me as the guy that they just come to with astronomical claims and go through all that."

The rapper whose real name is Curtis James Jackson III filed for chapter 11 code to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Hartford, Connecticut. According to the legal documents, his assets and debts are valued at the same range, between $10 million and $50 million. "Walt Disney has filed bankruptcy. Donald Trump has filed bankruptcy," the "Candy Shop" rapper continued. "It means you're reorganizing your finances, but it does stop things from moving forward that you don't want moving forward." Regarding the court process, he said, "I got a descent legal team. You don't have to worry."

The news of his bankruptcy filing came just a few days after Manhattan court ordered him to pay $5 million for leaking a sex tape back in 2009. The woman in the video, Lastonia Leviston, feels humiliated not only because the video distribution was without her consent but also because of the rude narration in the video. The amount Cent has to pay may get escalated this week when the jury weighs punitive damages against him. In regard to the punitive damages, the judge ordered his lawyers to turn over his financial net worth statements and his tax returns for the last five years.

 

Janet Jackson has added more North American shows to her "Unbreakable" world tour. The singer announced on Monday, July 13 the dates for the second leg of the trek, which will come in support of her upcoming comeback album.

 The new leg consists of 27 shows which are scheduled to start on January 12, 2016, in Portland, Oregon. Jackson will then spend the rest of the month until early March taking the stages in New York City, Washington, D.C., Boston, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta and more.

 Jackson is currently readying what will be her first album in seven years. Having been preceded by the single "No Sleeep", the yet-to-be-titled project has yet to have an official release date, but it is slated to come out later this year via Rhythm Nation Records/BMG.

Like the first leg of the tour, fans who pre-order her highly-anticipated full-length will have special access to the second leg's pre-sale, which begins on July 14 at 10 A.M. EST.

 "Today Janet changed forever the way music owners experience her concerts. Music owners receive a special code giving them VIP ticket access, eligibility for backstage views, private glimpses of Janet's awards, memorabilia, costumes and never before seen private photographs as well as the opportunity to get private messages to Janet before and after each show," read a statement posted on Jackson's website.

"This unprecedented access to the live event has never been attempted for music owners, who in Janet's eyes are extraordinary, generous and loving. There will be more surprises for people who own Janet's music. There will be No Sleeep until she sees you in your city. Lets keep the conversation going," it continued.

 

Chadwick Walton and Chris Gayle fired-up a packed Sabina Park with aggressive and entertaining half centuries as Jamaica Tallawahs steamrolled St. Lucia Zouks by nine wickets in game 16 of the Caribbean Premier League here on Tuesday.

 

Walton and Gayle roared to 76 and an unbeaten 64 respectively in dominant batting displays that catapulted Tallawahs to 159 for one in only 16 of their 20 overs after Zouks posted 158 for four from their 20 overs.

Kevin Pietersen smashed a powerful unbeaten half century to rekindle the Zouks innings which suffered a top order collapse to the pace of Khrishmar Santokie.

But the Jamaican openers rode a highly charged and encouraging atmosphere to unleash a dazzling display of batting that produced 119 runs for the first wicket.

Walton was especially brilliant, stealing the spotlight from Gayle to punish the Zouks bowlers with nine fours and three sixes in his 48 ball knock.

He departed with the Tallawahs well on course to victory, mistiming a back foot pull from a Fidel Edwards delivery but succeeded in hitting the ball to mid-on where Kemar Roach took an easy catch.

Gayle was less aggressive in the earlier stage of his innings but later unleashed batting fireworks that resulted in three fours and five sixes.

Gayle’s innings was also the beneficiary of some poor fielding by the Zouks especially when he was dropped on 28.

Darren Sammy ran from cover after Gayle skied a ball from Shane Shillingford towards mid-on which fell inches from his outstretched hands in a moment of indecision involving Shilingford and Pietersen who both seemed closer to the ball.

Chris Lynn was also dropped in similar fashion as the match rapidly slipped away from the visitors.

Tallawahs won the toss and elected to field as Santokie tore through the top of the batting order dismissing the openers cheaply and leaving the Zouks struggling on 27 for three.

Johnson Charles went for a slog but lost his stumps in just the third ball of the innings, beaten by pace and slight inward movement.

Two overs later Santokie struck again removing Andre Fletcher for eight, stumped by wicketkeeper Chadwick Walton.

Andre Fletcher went forward to drive and missed the ball, dragging his foot out in the process, enough time for a quick moving Walton to remove the bails as Zouks slumped to 14 for two.

Ross Taylor’s arrival did not help the Zouks cause as his occupation of the crease lasted for just a few balls.

Taylor attempted to flick Jerome Taylor but his shot lacked power and the ball went straight into the hands of Chris Lynn at midwicket.

Pietersen was in a no nonsense mood as he set about rebuilding the innings, the main aggressor in two important partnerships for the Zouks.

Pietersen faced 57 balls striking six fours and four sixes and brought the innings back on course with a 52 run stand for the fourth wicket with Henry Davids who scored 26 and 70 runs for the fifth wicket with Captain Sammy who retired hurt on 29.

A new musical based on British super spy James Bond is being prepared for Broadway, according to a Playbill interview with Merry Saltzman, the daughter of legendary Bond film producer Harry Saltzman. Merry says her company Placeholder Productions has secured rights to mount a stage show titled "James Bond: The Musical". 

 

The show will have a book by novelist Dave Clarke ("Keeping Hannah Waiting"), and music and lyrics by country composer Jay Henry Weisz ("Driving Home", "Only One", "Man in the Bar", "The Fight"). Plot details are still kept under wraps but Merry says the musical will have an original storyline featuring "several Bond villains, plus some new ones" and "our own Bond girl." 

 

Merry adds that "production schedules and trial runs are still being worked out in anticipation of a late 2017-early 2018 opening" on Broadway or in Las Vegas at a venue to be announced. 

 

Rumors of casting involving Daniel Craig and Adele were untrue as no casting has been announced yet. 

 

Ian Flemming wrote a series of 14 James Bond novels published from 1953-1966. The novel series has since inspired a series of internationally successful films including "Goldfinger", "Dr. No", "Casino Royale", and "You Only Live Twice". The 24th film in the series, "Spectre", starring Daniel and Christoph Waltz is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on November 6. 

 

Panama has become the latest country to have dropped out of Miss Universe pageant. The Miss Panama Organization and the Telemetro television channel have announced that they won't participate in the annual contest this year and won't broadcast the pageant either. 

 

They say the move is "a message of solidarity" to Mexicans, who were recently offended by Donald Trump's comments about Mexican immigrants during the announcement of his presidential candidacy on June 16. He said at the time, "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best ... They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. ... And some, I assume, are good people." 

 

The Miss Universe contest is partly owned by Trump. Contest organizers and broadcasters in Costa Rica and Mexico have earlier announced their decisions to pull out of the international event. 

 

Meanwhile, Miss USA which is also co-owned by Trump will go on after Univision and NBC dropped the broadcast of the pageant. Reelz has picked up the show and will air it live from Baton Rouge, Los Angeles on Sunday, July 12. 

 

Prince has returned with a new song. The singer surprised his fans on Wednesday, July 1 when he premiered via his SoundCloud the sexy summer jam called "HARDROCKLOVER" on which he turns his guitar up and makes a lady scream. 

 

"Ain't no rapper tryna be a singer/ I'm gonna make her moan/ Sade and Babyface, R&B ain't got no place/ But put some hard rock on/ You better cover your eyes 'cause you're about to hear a woman just scream," he sings. 

 

 

"HARDROCKLOVER" follows Prince's previous releases in 2015 including "What If?", his rework of a Christian song by Nichole Nordeman, and "Baltimore" which arrived in the wake of Freddie Gray's death and the riots in Baltimore. 

 

In other Prince news, the Purple One has removed his music from all streaming services except Tidal. "Prince's publisher has asked all streaming services to remove his catalog. We have cooperated with the request, and hope to bring his music back as soon as possible," read a note on his Spotify page. 

 

His catalog is also no longer available on Apple Music and Rdio. There's still no word from Prince regarding the removals. 

 

Page 88 of 105

Listen Again

Weather

94 ON FACEBOOK

Advertisements