Celine Dion and her management, CDA Productions (Las Vegas) Inc., are refuting claims that the singer refused to pay commissions owed to Rob Prinz and ICM Partners from a $500 million multi-year touring and performing deal she signed in 2017.
“I’m sad and disappointed by this false report that I’m refusing to pay ICM or Rob Prinz,” said Dion in a statement. “I know that my team has made several very fair and generous offers to them and we really put a lot of effort in trying to work things out.”
On Wednesday, ICM Partners dropped Dion as a client for allegedly failing to pay commissions. The decision, as Billboard first reported, was announced in an internal memo.
Prinz, currently partner/co-head of worldwide concerts at ICM, has represented Dion for 30 years, since the beginning of her career. The memo, which was obtained by Billboard, also stated the agency will be initiating legal proceedings against the singer in order to receive that compensation.
According to the new statement from CDA, the management company claims Dion had already terminated Prinz and ICM Partners on May 7, 2018, and that she is not refusing to pay millions of dollars in commissions from the touring deal.
CDA and Dion said they would not comment further.